Tuesday 2 April 2013

The start of the Designer in you, Monograms.

MONOGRAMS
Final on 3rd April, 2013


The first question you may ask is, what in the world are Monograms?
well.. Take the first letter of your first and surname(s) and make a design out of it representing you!
FOR EXAMPLE;

LETS just say, for the understanding of todays generation, a guy named 'Henry Shoegaurd' was to put a type of logo on his shoes to show he was the designer, he would use his first initials 'H' and 'S' in a form of a design showing people it is him who designed that very shoe.



 My Name is Kush Khandelwal so i would use my intials 'KK' giving myself a name for the world to recognise through my designs. Here is something i came up with..
I believe you got the idea now, pictures are way easier to explain instead of actually saying it out.
ANYWAYS, for my name, it wasnt easy to find something that fit both my personality and also had both 'K's in it. Designing is a time consuming thing but also something that would be worth in the end.

Now the process of me getting to this point was rather difficult and it was even inspired by a fellow designer i found online, to you my anonymous friend, i salute. 

Here are some basic ideas i put out.





As some of you know and some of you finding out, i really love wings. The anime effect, the curved structure. Just another way of sowing my personality.












Ofcourse if i had added wings in my final outcome, it would be more of a logo rather than a Monogram.
 Just to see if i could come up with a little more, i took an original Fonted 'K' as such..
Copied and reversed it on photoshop and then printed it out on a normal piece of paper to preferred size.

After doing so, i traced it out onto a transparent sheet of thin car like material so when i stencil, the paint would not go through any unwanted areas. 

Thinking it came out nice, i pressed it on one of my sketch books witch turned out like this!

Pretty cool, yes? 

The monogram will be used to identify ourselves in my final degree presentation, something like our own company where we have to present all our projects and portfolio.

Try it out for yourselves and let me check it out aswell, follow me on instagram @kushhkushh or search for Kush Khandelwal (:

No comments:

Post a Comment